We partnered again this year with Tomball Emergency Assistance Ministries as our charity effort. We (mainly my wife Jennifer Schultz ) coordinated an Adopt a Family for Christmas project to provide grocery store gift cards for Christmas dinner and gifts for each child in the family. Through the generous donations of those who visited our display and our wonderful neighbors in Gleannloch Farms, we collected over 180 gifts and gift cards for 23 families in need.
We also appreciate Boy Scout Troop # 626 delivering the gifts for us. They provided us this feedback:
“I want to thank you for including us in your wonderful community service project. I can say we all truly appreciated being able to help these 23 families have a very special Christmas. All of the families we delivered to were clearly thankful for what they received. I am confident the troop would very much like to help support your project next year and perhaps partner to collect even more gifts so more families could be sponsored!”
A special thanks to our neighbor Marc Chouinard for taking the lead in coordinating the delivery logistics for the troop.
Thanks again for all of your contributions and donations.
We made a few changes in the song list this year. We retired a few and added some new ones (Bold indicates new for 2015). Here are the songs we are using in our display this year:
- Miracle on 34th Street Overture – Bruce Broughton
- Winter Wonderland – Monique Danielle
- Sleigh Ride – Debbie Gibson
- Christmas this Year – Toby Mac and Leigh Nash
- Amazing Grace Techno – Yule
- Celebration – Mannheim Steamroller
- Carol of the Bells – Monique Danielle
- DJ Santa – Krispy
- Jingle Bell Rock – Glee Cast
- What A Glorious Night – Sidewalk Prophets
- Born is the King – Phillips, Craig and Dean
- Angels We Have Heard on High
- White Christmas in Houston – Branded
- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen – Bare Naked Ladies
- We Need a Little Christmas – Kimberly Locke
- Lights of Christmas – Toby Mac
- Most Beautiful Time of the Year – Beckah Shae
- Christmas Is – Francesca Battistelli
- Carol of the Bells – Foster
- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen – Manheim Steamroller
We have also incorporated video this year, showing this in the window above our garage. Watch for a special greeting from a popular one with the kids throughout the show.
We traditionally have our “Lights On” the Friday after Thanksgiving. Due to one major issue and the rainy weather, we will have to postpone until December 4th. The main pole of our Megatree broke during the high winds we had the weekend before Thanksgiving, Recovering the lights and rebuilding the Megatree set us back about 3 days. And then the weather has been rainy for the last 2 days. We are about 90% complete with setup and need to do some basic testing before we can turn the lights on. It looks like better weather later this week and we should be able to get things ready to go by then. Sorry for the inconvenience.
It has been a while since I posted an update, but that doesn’t mean I haven’t been planning new items for 2015. I want to add a few pixel-based elements, namely arches and trees. I am adding 4 pixel based arches and am converting 8 of my 4 foot trees to pixels. I have been working with pixel based controllers (SANdevice 6804) and have had some success with those and my pixel arches. Here is a short video of them in action. The color is not very good with the iPhone, but I think it give you a general idea of what I am planning for the arches.